2nd Illinois explosion and fire within 15 days.
Here is the first explosion and fire:
29 JUNE 2021
Emergency Evacuations Ordered Amid Industrial Fire in Morris
Emergency evacuations were ordered in parts of suburban Morris as an industrial fire burned in the area Tuesday, authorities said. The Grundy County IL Emergency Management Agency ordered anyone who lives in the 900 blocks of Benton, Douglas or Armstrong streets as well as those who live on East Street to "please evacuate your residence now." "There is an industrial fire to the south," the alert read. Those in need of a place to go were urged to head to the Grundy County Administration building located at 1320 Union St. Nick Doefler, public information officer for the Mutual Aid Agency in Coal City, said the commercial structure fire began around noon in the 900 block of East Benton Street. Initial reports indicated the fire involved lithium batteries, but Doefler would only say there were hazardous material in the building. Doefler said no injuries had been reported as of Tuesday afternoon, but residents were asked to avoid the area and evacuations were ordered due to smoke. Source
Morris fire: Industrial blaze prompts evacuations
MORRIS, Ill. (WLS) -- An industrial fire in far southwest suburban Morris has prompted evacuations, city officials said. The fire is happening in the 900 block of East Benton Street. Evacuations have been ordered on that block as well as on adjacent Douglas and Armstrong streets. What started the fire was not immediately clear, and officials have not said specifically where it is taking place. The Grundy County Sheriff's Office said they are assisting with the response and the evacuations. If you need a place to go, they are using the Grundy County Administration Building at 1320 Union Street as a reception area. The Red Cross is working to set up a shelter for people who have been evacuated until it is safe to return to their homes. The evacuations were ordered as a precaution against any explosions from the commercial lithium batteries, as well as against the fumes and smoke. Officials said the gas being emitted from the fire is extremely toxic, so everyone downwind of the smoke has been evacuated. The people subject to evacuation could change based on how the wind changes, officials said. Source