Saturday, August 29, 2015

Black Man Shannon J Miles, Executes White Houston TX Deputy Darren H. Goforth, 47, At Gas Station - Killer's Mother Says "My Baby Dindu Nuffin He's A Saint!"

(CNN) A man "believed to be the alleged gunman" in the killing of a uniformed Houston-area sheriff's deputy was in custody and being questioned Saturday morning, Sgt. William Kennard of the Texas Department of Public Safety told CNN. No charges have been filed against the man, Kennard said. The man's name wasn't given. It was the man's mother who called the Harris County Sheriff's Department about her son, Kennard said. "All the information she had heard led to him." A red pickup truck was parked at the spot where deputies took the person in custody, according to video shot by CNN affiliate KTRK. Authorities had said the suspect drove away from the shooting in a red Ford Ranger.

'Execution-style' killing 

The suspect shot Deputy Darren H. Goforth, 47, while the deputy was filling up his patrol car at a Chevron station just after 8:30 p.m. (9:30 p.m. ET), Harris County Sheriff Ron Hickman said. "Deputy Goforth was refueling his vehicle and returning to his car from inside the convenience store when, unprovoked, a man walked up behind him and literally shot him to death." Goforth was shot multiple times from behind and then fell to the ground, where the suspect shot the deputy multiple times again, said Deputy Thomas Gilliland, a spokesman for the sheriff's office. Goforth, a 10-year veteran of the Harris County Sheriff's Office, died at the scene. The shooting appeared to be "an unprovoked, execution-style killing," Hickman said. "I have been in law enforcement (for) 45 years," the sheriff said. "I don't recall another incident this cold-blooded and cowardly."

'He did not say anything' 

The gunman gave no indication of his motive. He drove away after the shooting in a red Ford Ranger, authorities said. "He (the suspect) did not say anything," Gilliland said. Surveillance video from the gas station captured an image of the suspect. Authorities urged any witnesses in the area to come forward, saying some bystanders called 911 to report the shooting. About 30 minutes before the shooting, Goforth had investigated an accident, but authorities said it's unclear whether there was a connection to the attack. CNN Read More>>>>>


No comments:

Post a Comment