Nigerian 'children killed' after car hits Easter parade in Gombe
Police in Nigeria are investigating the deaths of 11 people in the north-eastern town of Gombe after a car ploughed into a procession celebrating Easter on Sunday.
The driver, an off-duty security agent, was unhappy that the procession had blocked the road, some reports say.
He then "drove into the children", the procession leader said.
The crowd then turned on the driver and beat him and his passenger to death, witnesses said.
Nigeria's police chief said the incident was "unfortunate" and that the driver had lost control of the car. The leader of the interdenominational Christian group, Boys Brigade, in Gombe, said the driver had ploughed into the procession "on purpose".
"The driver of the car had a heated argument with the children before they made way for him to pass, only for him, in a fit of rage, to turn and drive into them," Isaac Kwadang told news agency AFP.
No details have been released about the victims but the Boys Brigade members are aged between six and 22.
Another witness told local news site Punch that the driver "deliberately came to kill us". The crowd then attacked the him and his passenger, a paramilitary officer, and beat them to death.
Gombe state police spokeswoman Mary Mallum told AFP that 30 children had been injured and taken to hospital.
Police boss Mohammed Abubakar Adamu said in a statement that the incident was an "unfortunate fatal motor accident" and ordered a quick investigation.Source
Engineering from India?
Death toll rises to two with one still missing after Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans COLLAPSED during construction and sent cranes crashing into people on the street below
At least two people are dead and 20 more are injured after a large portion of the Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans collapsed on Saturday morning near the city's historic French Quarter.
Rescue workers searched the largely unstable building for one person still unaccounted for.
Nearby buildings were evacuated. A 270-foot construction crane - one of two still looming over the multistory building - also was dangerously unstable, fire officials said.
The hunt for the missing was suspended at nightfall over safety concerns. A statement from the project contractor said its representatives would work 'throughout the night' with emergency officials on a plan to stabilize the building. Source
Citadel Builders, LLC is …
Two murderous Sodomites on the run
Two teenagers initially thought missing in Canada are now named as DANGEROUS SUSPECTS in the gruesome murders of an Australian backpacker and his American girlfriend
Two teenagers who were previously described as missing have been named as suspects in the murders of an American woman and her Australian boyfriend in Canada.
Police named Canadian teens Kam McLeod, 19, and Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, as suspects in the murders of Lucas Fowler, 24, and Chynna Deese, 23, on Tuesday.
The two teenagers were described as missing on Monday but police named them as suspects after they were found, alive, in northern British Columbia.
Now, they are believed to be in Saskatchewan - 1156 miles from where the young couple's bodies were found - and are thought to be dangerous. The pair, who are elementary school friends, left Vancouver Island for Whitehorse ins search of work sometime before the murders. They stopped communicating with their families severa…